- Daly Cherry Evans has got things right at the right time of year for fantasy coaches. Since the Sea Eagles finished their byes DCE has scores of 55, 55 and 61 tonight. He’s still way too reliant on attacking stats so some below par scores are going to come but this period has been really nice.
- Nathan Cleary didn’t quite match his opposite but he too has been an ideal pick up since the Panthers’ byes finished with scores of 77, 46 and 58 tonight. Probably a better bet to avoid crappy scores down the line too.
- You loopholed Crichton and didn’t keep the double points on Martin Taupau (46), Trent Merrin (33) or Dylan Edwards (36) right? As I wrote earlier in the week with such an unpredictable mix of captain options you play the VC on any 50+ score. The risk/benefit doesn’t match up for doing anything else.
- Shaun Lane isn’t exactly fantasy relevant but his score tonight (55) might be worth tucking away for next season. Frank Winterstein surely doesn’t hold his starting role next season; he’s old and average. Lane had a lost season with the Bulldogs and Warriors last year and this season hasn’t been much better but he’s been a pretty quality fantasy player when he’s given an opportunity.
- Tom Trbojevic managed to hit a 50 score with a try. He’s not normally a tackle break machine but he had five tonight. His best this season is seven (which he has manged three times) but tonight’s five is the next best and compares to his 3.5 on the season. Compare that to Tedesco (7.9), Ponga (6.3), Edwards (8.1) or Josh Dugan (6.8) and you can see why Trbojevic isn’t quite the fantasy player of those others.
- So, Matt Moylan stops scoring tries and his fantasy scores suck, anyone shocked? Moylan scored tries in six of his last eight games and in that time had scores of 55, 62, 51, 38, 48, 29, 37 and 25. I guess you know which ones he didn’t score tries in.
- Some people have held Lloyd Perrett all season so for them tonight’s score of 43 is richly deserved. Enjoy it everybody.
- Josh Mansour has been the anti DCE/Cleary. He’s really sucked since the byes finished. The first game was good when he scored 58 but last week’s 27 (with a try) and tonight’s 20 is really horrible. He is shaping as a massive blunder.
- I don’t know if anyone actually got him but there was some chat on Tyrone Peachey last week as he slotted into a starting centre role. Well, he’s going to be a lot cheaper next week after scoring 20 tonight.
The Renegade Analytics Department (RAD) is made up of Steve Nicholls, formerly known as the Renegade Rookie, who having proved himself has finally been given his own department and office in the basement. RAD will provide a deeper insight into sport and fantasy by crunching the numbers. Steve Nicholls is a semi-pro writer/fantasy sports player, willing to give any sport a chance though his love lies with cricket, American football, league, union and ice hockey.