- This game was going to be all about Curtis Scott….wait…Curtis Scott isn’t playing….what? Honestly what a mess. At one point I was going to have 17 players this week, now it is at 13 and this hasn’t been an unfamiliar feeling for fantasy coaches all bye period. For the record he apparently has an illness, rather than injury and with Blair getting injured again you'd think he'd be back in the team after the bye.
- Just when I was finally starting to get over the fact that Bodene Thompson has played significantly better now that he’s off my fantasy team Semi Radradra does this to me…. Over the period I had Semi his best score was 55 and he also had a 12. Tonight, he managed to equal the combination of those two scores in about 25 minutes and he’d finish with 79 points. Some players just never do good things when they are on your team.
- While I am ranting about players that do better when they aren’t on my fantasy team I give you Nathan Brown. Brown averaged 31 (I’m counting the game he missed as a 0) while I had him. Now he has scores of 65 and 68. But at least I got Jesse Bromwich right?
- Speaking of Bromwich he scored 45 tonight which I think you’d take as a fantasy coach.
- Who else is relevant here? Joe Stimson played! I don’t have him but some do. He scored 16.
- Tohu Harris spent to night at centre after Cheyse Blair got injured. It went about as well as Harris’ time at centre normally goes. 34 points.
- Clinton Gutherson scored a late try which pushed his fantasy score to 56. He’s scored tries in three of his last six games but even in the games he hasn’t had tries he has had scores of 46, 41 and 30 which isn’t bad at all.
- Corey Norman hasn’t had a score over 45 since round 9 after doing it in six of his first eight games. I’m not sure if his combination with Moses hurts his fantasy scores but he’s been decidedly average.
The Renegade Analytics Department (RAD) is made up of Steve Nicholls, formerly known as the Renegade Rookie, who having proved himself has finally been given his own department and office in the basement. RAD will provide a deeper insight into sport and fantasy by crunching the numbers. Steve Nicholls is a semi-pro writer/fantasy sports player, willing to give any sport a chance though his love lies with cricket, American football, league, union and ice hockey.